Rinnai INFINITY® A-Series
The Rinnai INFINITY A-Series are continuous flow hot water systems for residential applications. These water heaters produce endless hot water, and unlike electric cylinders, are energy efficient as they are only on when you need hot water.
- Save up to 50%* of the running costs with Natural Gas compared to an electric HWC.
- Save up to 15%*of the running costs with LPG compared to an electric HWC
We prefer Rinnai Infinity - NZ's Number 1 Gas Water Heater. Its quality construction and components make for an appliance you can rely on for years to come. We can supply and install to your requirements and have defined a cost effective method to ensure you get quality and the best price. Don't be fooled by over inflated installation costs, choose Watertight Plumbing for a great deal, install and product.
Ask us about getting free LPG bottle fills
Generally it takes a whole day to complete an installation, from around 8am to 4pm. Depending on the size of your job, one or two gasfitter/plumbers will be onsite for all or part of the day, as well as an electrician to complete the electrical connection and certification.
Once onsite we will choose the correct location for your infinity and LPG bottles if you are having them installed.
From there we will install the infinity, run gas and water pipe work and delete your old HWC.
In some instances the HWC will need to be left onsite as it may not be practical to remove or has been build into a ceiling/cupboard space that you don't want to open up or that hasn't been quoted for.
Once installation is completed we complete our gas test, and once passed we can sign the job off. From there we will show you how to use the unit and answer any further questions you may have. Clean up and depart.
LPG or Natural Gas?
Just like a car has petrol or diesel, your INFINITY® uses either LPG or Natural Gas. You may already have Natural Gas piped in off the street. If you are not sure if there is Natural Gas available to your property, use the Vector estimator tool to find out and see an approximate cost to have a meter installed. Once your meter is installed you'll just need to sign up with an Energy retailer to get it turned on, and ask us to connect up your appliances.
If you do not have gas onsite, we can help to get you set up with a pair of 45kg LPG bottles. We send through a referral to Contact-Rockgas who will call you and discuss setting up an account. Once setup they will deliver bottles to site for us to install. When one is empty you just call and they'll swap it over.
The Rinnai Compact Controller is their smallest, most affordable model.
Digital controllers allow you to select the exact temperature of the hot water at the tap within the controller temperature range. This has a number of benefits:
- Safety, especially if you have young children, the hot water can be pre-set to a child-safe level.
- No need to mix hot and cold water, this reduces the affect of temperature spiking when another tap in the building is turned on.
- You use your continuous flow unit more efficiently as less gas is required to heat water to 40 °C (typical shower temperature) than at 55 °C (default temperature without controllers).
- Allows diagnosis of problems (such as gas supply disruption) when the appliance is serviced by displaying 'error' codes that the service person can utlise.
Rinnai Infinity installations with a Rinnai controller receive an extended warranty.
We stand by our workmanship so any problems give us a call.
Rinnai INFINITY® A26 - Manufacturers Warranty
- Without controller - 10 years pro rata on heat exchange, 3 years parts/labour
- With controller - 12 years pro rata, 3 years parts/labour
For full terms see www.rinnai.co.nz/warranty.html
Get Your Quote
Call us today to arrange a quote or click here to go to our online quote form, send us your details and pictures and we'll come back to you.
Our advertised pricing is for a basic install. If you have a typical 3-4 bedroom single level house, with a crawl space under the floor our basic install should suit. For larger properties or unique situations we will have a look and provide a firm quote.
How it works
A Gas hot water (gas califont) unit fixed to the exterior of your house. The A26 as an example is designed to provide 26 litres of mains pressure hot water. The A26 model is suitable for homes wanting to regularly run three hot water taps simultaneously (eg; hot water in the kitchen & a bathroom and an ensuite shower). Internal units are available in this size model too. *The L/min is the nominal water capacity at a 25° rise.
STEP BY STEP
- When a tap or shower is turned on, the system instantly starts working as water starts to flow through the appliance.
- The combustion fan starts.
- Ignition begins (this requires electricity) and then a gas valve opens.
- Once the flame is established the appliance will heat the water as it is required by the digital controller (optional) or until you turn off the tap.